Saturday 17 March 2012

How it all began

Back in January a friend (or at least she is at the moment) suggested I joined her and her family doing the Tatton Triathalon. OK I thought, I'll give it a go, I've done a couple of half marathons, I can swim and we all know that you never forget how to ride a bike! Then on the 6th February I got the dreaded message via Facebook saying, and I quote "you are now entered for your first triathlon - keep up the training :) Expecting you for the weekend of the 8/9 september. love Tanya" at which point the terror set in. Since then I have had a raging chest infection, moved house, had a new tattoo, discovered my bike had perished inner tubes  and generally prevaricated, but now, I guess I'm going to have to start training properly. So I thought I'd record my progress here. I plan to take it steadily, the only sprint I'll be doing is in the distance of the tri. But it'll be fun to try and record what it feels like to get there...starting tomorrow ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment